Pelican was proud to support Care Home and Hospital Catering Forum which took place on the 29th November 2018 in Haberdashers’ Hall.
We would like to say thank you to all the Care Homes and NHS Trust operators who talked with the Pelican team: Mandy Kaur MNACC – Health Care Specialist and Anna-Maria Holt RD, MNACC on the day.
It was a great opportunity to hear directly about the challenges they are facing relating to their catering & hospitality operation and how our service offering could help them.
We would also like to say thank you to Robert Cormack from Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust for mentioning the support from Pelican in his presentation which outlined the work his team has done to improve the quality of food and service to patients to help them to make full recovery.
We found the event and seminars extremely useful and we will be back next year!
Pelican has developed some successful partnerships with a number of Care Homes and Hospitals including: Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, Elysium Healthcare, Balhousie Care Group, Berkley Care Group, Signature Care Home, Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust, Princess Alexandra Hospital and Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust to name but a few.
Client Case Studies & Resources
Balhousie Care Group: “We now have complete visibility of what’s happening at each home, down to spend per resident. We can see the performance at homes and quickly identify any issues.”
Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust: “Pelican has helped us to deliver on our cost improvement programme, with savings of over £100,000 already realised and more to follow.”
Signature Senior Lifestyle: “Ultimately, we have more control of our spend; every year since working with Pelican, we have generated savings. We’re not seeing the price movements that we were previously.”
How we can support you
• Significant savings on all the catering products you buy
• Bespoke tendering which meets government guidelines and initiatives
• Control and management of prices, product quality, and supplier service
• Policing contract compliance and budget control
• Nutrition/dietetic support and training
• Menu development support
• Compliance with EU procurement
• Compliance with allergen legislation
• Sustainable procurement
• Industry accreditation and awards (e.g. Food for Life Served Here)
• Online tools to manage ordering, e-invoicing, stock and menu cost
• Sharing best practice from other caterers in your market sector