Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be testing software developed on a Microsoft Stack (Primarily.Net using C#, VB, Angular, Java Script with a MS SQL Server database) so an awareness of these essential.
- The product is hosted in Microsoft Azure Cloud and the Test Automation will need to follow suit. This will include setting up the infrastructure and processes to support the DevOps pipeline required to run the automation test suite within the Azure environment.
- To assist and accelerate this learning, you will provide Technical Trouble shooting as next level support to the eProcurement Support team. This will involve diagnosing technical issues when raised by the support team, raising bug tickets if a software fault is found and providing a root cause
- Liaising closely with the eProcurement development teams (Pi and Back Office) as well as the Database team in support of the technical trouble shooting responsibility. Whilst this is a crucial “day-1” activity, this will be an on-going responsibility that will remain within the test team as it grows.
- You will be the Automation expert in the eProcurement group and as such will be required from time to time to create automation scripts or utilities to improve efficiencies primarily within the eProcurement group, but also in support of the wider business.
- Ideally, as the initial member of the Quality Assurance team, you will have the desire to lead future colleagues in the team including line-management responsibilities for these colleagues.
- Automation expert ideally using a UI test framework (e.g. Selenium, Cypress or a comparable solution), with strong scripting skills
- An understanding of relational databases with the ability to use SQL to modify and query the database and interpret results for the use in diagnosing issues.
- Experience of analysing a product to identify test cases and create a suite of automated test cases.
- Ideally experience of setting up a test automation framework from scratch.
- Have knowledge of working in the Microsoft Azure Cloud infrastructure.
- Familiar with DevOps pipe-line solutions and technology in a continuous integration, continuous delivery employment
- Are you passionate about technology and working with computers and software.
- Thrives in a fluid environment, self-motivated, able to make own decisions and is comfortable with problem solving un-bounded problems.
- Enjoys solving difficult problems.