Pelican Procurement Services are looking to recruit a Client Procurement Executive to join the Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering our best-in-class professional, transparent and impartial purchasing, supply chain and IT Solution (Pi) on behalf of our clients. This delivers client objectives and business category growth and delivers to a diverse and large client base comprising of multiple pricing structures with varying levels of engagement in line with the commercial risk strategy. We are looking for someone who has Account Management experience and preferably within a Food Services environment. This is a permanent and full-time role and can flexibly based either at home, or in our Farnborough office, or a mix of both.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the relationship with all internal and external stakeholders from the office, ensuring that regular client contact is achieved via phone or email across all stakeholders internally and with the client and escalating when necessary to Line Manager.
- Effectively manage the procurement, supply chain and Pi requirements of clients to ensure client and company objectives are achieved.
- Identify clients at risk and developing, agreeing and implementing a plan with the line manager to retain the client.
- Fully understand and implement clients Pi requirements in order to achieve company and client objectives.
- Be responsible for the Price File Management, uploading new supplier price files accurately into the e-procurement system, to manage existing price files and update accordingly.
- Create new supplier accounts on Pelican’s database & set up new accounts when required.
- Cross-reference price file to ensure the accuracy & in line with what has been agreed with all stakeholders
- Assume responsibility as the Lead for all client RFQ/RFP and in conjunction with the line manager, hold the Pi and Tender Team to account where necessary to ensure that all supplier tenders are implemented on time as per the agreed client project plan.
- Manage any supplier mobilisation and liaise with internal stakeholders including sales, tender team and PI to ensure a smooth contract mobilisation.
- Ensure that successful supplier accounts are opened effectively in time for the start of any new client contract.
- Identify and secure category purchasing opportunities by the client and put in place a plan by the client to deliver opportunities.
- Understand branded manufacturer offerings.
You will have:
- Account Management Experience in a food service environment
- A CIPS qualification, or be willing to work towards one
- A solid understanding of supply chain
- Great Customer Service experience
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills